An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced candidate to lead a project which aims to develop a more scientific understanding of the canning process of legumes and seek better yield, product weight control and reduction in water usage. This position is a 24 month fixed term contract, with a dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development and could lead to a full-time position within this dynamic innovative company.
Qualifications we require:
As a minimum, you will hold a BSc and/or MSc Degree in Food Science, ideally with experience or interest in the food and drink industry.
About PRINCES LTD:
Princes is an international Food & Drink Group and is a major supplier to UK and European retail and food service customers, with over 20 categories of food & drink. Princes in Long Sutton is the largest food production site, producing a number of canned food products.
Find out more by visiting: https://www.princesgroup.com/
The successful candidate must possess:-
- Experience of scientific analysis of food and researching & developing new improved manufacturing processes/methods.
- Experience of conducting risk assessment of manufacturing process.
- Professional experience in the food manufacturing industry is highly desirable, but not essential.
- A Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle (as travel to and around rural areas is a requirement of the role)
Essential skills we require as a minimum:-
- Ability to learn and work in new technologies in a short time span.
- You will be proactive, able to influence others and build rapport quickly, developing relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent numerical, written & verbal communication skills.
- Determination to solve problems and succeed.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
Closing Date: 05 Jan 2020
Category: Administrative and Professional Services