This is a full-time, permanent position.
In response to the growth of apprenticeship delivery Bishop Grosseteste University is seeking a further Apprenticeships and Partnerships Support Officer to support three key areas of activity within the University as part of a quickly growing team and provision.
Within the first area of responsibility you will coordinate support for apprentices including the management of review meetings, ILP completion and tri-party discussions with employers and apprentices. Within this area you will also coordinate Functional Skills requirements in line with Apprenticeship Standard and Pearson Edexcel requirements. You will work with staff from across the University to ensure the highest quality apprenticeship experience from the point of application through to graduation. You will ensure ESFA eligibility is established at the point of admission alongside completion of the initial assessment and commitment statement. You will then work with apprentices, employers, academic staff and wider BGU staff to ensure comprehensive support for the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours though delivery of off and on the job training. You will then coordinate the preparations and administration of gateway and wider end-point assessment requirements.
Within the second area of responsibility you will support the rapidly growing area of collaborative partnerships. Through your role you will be the face of BGU with a wide range of independent training providers, colleges and alternative providers and you will embrace opportunities to develop these relationships and networks, alongside wider opportunity sourcing to support wider engagement and support approvals for new and existing collaborative partnerships.
Within the third area of responsibility you will support strategic priority projects as identified by the University. These could be long term projects or shorter impact activities. These may directly link to the access and participation plan requirements e.g. increase support and recruitment for BAME students across the university provision.
To be successful in the role you will have a drive and determination to succeed and put the needs of students, employers’ providers at the core of your support activities. You will have experience of delivering support and workshops to students within a work-based learning/apprenticeship setting whilst balancing the demands of employers, regulators and funding bodies. You will be innovative and creative with exceptional communication and negotiating skills. You will be experienced and proactive whilst being and able to work well under pressure. The ability/experience to deliver one or more Functional Skills discipline would be advantageous.
BGU offers a generous employee benefits package including:
• 25 days holiday for Grades 1-6
• 35 days holiday for Grades 7+
• Plus 3 additional discretionary days annual leave over the Christmas period
• Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering up to a 19.5% Employer Contribution, a Teachers Pension scheme offering up to 23.68% Employer Contribution, and also a 10% non-contributory pension for members of staff that do not wish to pay into a scheme.
• A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions
• We also offer various free perks and discounted vouchers through Perkbox e.g. a monthly free cinema ticket, a free coffee every week, a Birthday Box delivered straight to your work or home, Free Eyecare Vouchers, a Cycle to Work Scheme, plus many discounts at various high street shops and online brands.
Please direct informal enquiries to Dr Robert Boast (Pro Vice-Chancellor) via email@example.com
Interviews will be held the week commencing the 13th December 2021.
Closing Date: 28 Nov 2021