This is a full-time, permanent position.
In response to the increasingly important work-based learning and skills development agenda for HE Bishop Grosseteste University is seeking to recruit a Partnerships, Apprenticeships and Skills Development Manager to lead and manage the development and delivery of this key area of work for the University.
You will connect and collaborate proactively and productively with key stakeholders to enable Bishop Grosseteste University to develop and manage collaborative working with employers and educational partners. You will manage and maintain and develop new apprenticeship and other work-based learning programmes through partnerships.
You will operate in a rapidly changing strategic environment, working closely and proactively with subject teams within the academic Faculty and professional support departments across the University to respond quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges. This post-holder will provide the point of focus within BGU to ensure a professional, client-centred cohesive approach to partnership and work-based learning development.
• work within the Faculty, reporting to the Dean of Faculty to identify and develop new programme opportunities to extend apprenticeships delivery at BGU and through partnerships with FE colleges and private providers.
• oversee and coordinate coherent working with other BGU departments to effectively develop and maintain collaborative partnerships and apprenticeships, including approvals, compliance and regulatory returns.
• directly line-manage the apprenticeship and partnership support officers who support apprentices, liaise with employers, mentors and work with subject delivery teams.
• work with our quality team and link tutors to oversee and support partner organisations to ensure high quality provision through effective collaborative management.
To be successful in the role you will have the ability to drive forward innovation and change with a ‘can do’ attitude and ambition to create a new model of collaborative development working collegiately across a range of different internal and partnership structures. You will have an understanding of key organisational priorities, motivations and concerns of the HE sector and the work-based learning and skills development area. You will have proven networking capabilities and a strong professional track record of collaborative project development working with at the academic, business and government organisations.
BGU offers a generous employee benefits package including:
• 25 days holiday for Grades 1-6
• 35 days holiday for Grades 7+
• Plus 3 additional discretionary days annual leave over the Christmas period
• Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering up to a 19.5% Employer Contribution, a Teachers Pension scheme offering up to 23.68% Employer Contribution, and also a 10% non-contributory pension for members of staff that do not wish to pay into a scheme.
• A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions
• We also offer various free perks and discounted vouchers through Perkbox e.g. a monthly free cinema ticket, a free coffee every week, a Birthday Box delivered straight to your work or home, Free Eyecare Vouchers, a Cycle to Work Scheme, plus many discounts at various high street shops and online brands.
Please direct informal enquiries to Dr Robert Boast (Pro Vice-Chancellor) via email@example.com
Interviews will be held the week commencing the 13th December 2021.
Closing Date: 28 Nov 2021