Student Information Officer - Student Data (full time, one-year fixed term until December 2022)
The University’s Student Data Team has an opening for a one-year fixed term role. The team provides critical support for our Student Record System and staff who need to use student data for a variety of purposes.
High quality data about our students and our courses, held in our student record system, plays a vital part in providing a first-rate student experience at Bishop Grosseteste University. This is a key role in the team that manages the data and systems that support the student journey from initial enquiry to graduation and beyond, and supports colleagues in other administrative and academic departments in making effective use of that student data. We are looking for a strong team player who can also work successfully with colleagues in a range of roles.
This role will take advantage of your combination of strong data and IT skills, including using various forms of database query tools and SQL queries. You will be methodical, have strong attention to detail, a ‘can-do’ outlook and enjoy problem solving, as the role will often require you to investigate and rapidly resolve issues that can arise with any form of data or record management system. The role will draw on your experience of using and supporting student information systems in further or higher education institutions. Your ability to take on new knowledge about our systems, data, and key processes is also important. You will have a readiness to learn more about what the data means and how it is used within the University and Higher Education agencies, as the team supports the University in meetings its external data reporting obligations. Finally, you will be a good communicator because supporting such systems requires careful listening to colleagues’ needs or issues and sharing information in a clear and timely manner. This is an excellent opportunity to build knowledge and skills that are highly valued in UK Higher Education.
BGU offers a generous employee benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday for Grades 1-6
- 35 days holiday for Grades 7+
- Plus 3 additional discretionary days annual leave over the Christmas period
- Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering up to a 19.5% Employer Contribution, a Teachers Pension scheme offering up to 23.68% Employer Contribution, and also a 10% non-contributory pension for members of staff that do not wish to pay into a scheme.
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions
- We also offer various free perks and discounted vouchers through Perkbox e.g. a monthly free cinema ticket, a free coffee every week, a Birthday Box delivered straight to your work or home, Free Eyecare Vouchers, a Cycle to Work Scheme, plus many discounts at various high street shops and online brands.
- The University currently has an Agile Working Scheme in place.
Informal enquiries about the role to be made to Dr Thomas Loya (Head of Data Systems (Interim) via email@example.com
Closing Date: 06 Dec 2021