Who is Staffordshire University?â¯â¯
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becomingâ¯the UK’s foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London’s Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our University, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets us apart, it’s our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society. â¯
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a Gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
We are seeking brilliant, friendly, ambitious and inspirational staff to join our transformative Level 3 Step Up to Higher Education course team. Successful candidates will join an established programme which supports our access commitments in enabling students to succeed and flourish within a higher education environment.
The role would include activities such as:
- Preparing and delivering teaching and learning activity on various aspects of our Step Up to Higher Education course.â¯
- Delivery of skills-based subjects, theory teaching, personal tutoring, alongside provision of assessment and feedback.
- Enhancement of the student experience and facilitating on-going course evaluation and development.
- Engaging with and developing innovative and effective teaching methods to enhance positive student engagement, achievement and person-centred approaches to education
- Contributing to student recruitment activity, on-going promotion, marketing and future development of the course.
The successful applicant will have a passion in providing transformative learning opportunities for our students. You should have teaching experience alongside a broad knowledge and comprehension surrounding the approaches to supporting impactful learning in higher education. Effective teamwork and higher-level communication skills are essential, complemented with a well-honed personal ability to compassionately support students in both an academic and pastoral capacity.
The central ambition of the Step Up to Higher Education course is to inspire and support our students onto to further study at Staffordshire University. Equipping them with the academic and intellectual skills, in addition to actively supporting learners in developing their confidence to hit the ground running with their future studies. To this end, we welcome applicants with a deep passion in developing people – supporting all our learners, regardless of background to tap into their ability and reach their full potential. Interested applicants are encouraged to hold a relevant professional teaching qualification and possession of an undergraduate degree is essential.â¯ We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where all can succeed on merit.
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.