Who is Staffordshire University?â¯â¯
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becomingâ¯the UK’s foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London’s Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our University, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets us apart, it’s our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society. â¯
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a Gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
We are looking for a proactive, dynamic, and creative individual to work with our teams in the Institute of Education to support our student recruitment activities.
You will work closely with the Head of Operations and Course Directors to ensure that appropriate plans are in place throughout the cycle, for the recruitment of students to agreed targets, including monitoring progress, and updating and adjusting the plans as required.
Main activities are to:
- Assist with the contribution to the planning of student recruitment events, working closely with Marketing and Public Relations as necessary.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Institute’s widening participation activities, working in collaboration with Marketing and Public Relations.
- Co-ordinate representation at relevant external recruitment fairs and outreach events.
- Co-ordinate and support student recruitment events at Institute level, working with the Marketing and Public Relations to deliver these.
- Administratively support the development of marketing and web material working closely with the Head of Operations, Course Directors and marketing and Public Relations.
- Co-ordinate activities at appropriate events e.g., open days and ensure that appropriate staff are on hand for all recruitment events (open days, fairs, etc.), working with others as necessary.
- Administratively support the Institute activity during clearing.
- Help co-ordinate the development of marketing materials and promotional activities.
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 05 Dec 2021
Type: Professional Support